Monday, March 24, 2014

A Rant About Ranting - Most Likely Unexpected

Three guesses as to what this will address!
1. Elementary and plebeian use of language?
No. Next time maybe.
2. How Les Misérables romanticizes the French Revolution?
Not at all. We were not even ten when we were so opinionated. Incidentally, it's set about thirty years after the Revolution.
3. Ninjas?
Not bloody likely.

Well. . . Incorrect. Computer screen, I must concede you are unconditionally wrong. This will be about ranting!

Well, I guess you didn't see that coming? I know. It's quite ironic. Funnily enough, I detest hypocrisy, consequently you won't see the sliver of it here. Have a nice time. :).

Let's look at it at face value: Whether it's bickering over the relative merits of computer service, I-Pads, or whether every!-copy! of Twilight needs to be burnt at the stake until a charred pile of cinders emitting whisps of smoke results, there is a lot of ranting. I present this: While I thoroughly deplore and think the Twilight Saga an odious series, is it really necessary to criticize it at every turn? For instance, I saw - just several days ago - a remark on a photograph of a book written-on saying, "Girl, that better be Twilight or something!"
Defacement of a work of literature is deplorable, odious, and awful, no matter HOW bad it is. Like it or not, foul or not, Stephanie Meyer spent years writing and is greeted with derision? Jeez, appreciation, in my opinion, is due to a writer no matter what...With a few choice exceptions, undoubtedly...
I ask you this: Simply because something is generally looked down on, does that necessitate constant dissing? For heaven's sake! The prequel trilogy of Star Wars - Oh my God, so horrible! Ruined my childhood!
...
Jumping on the bandwaggon is generally unimaginative...

And THAT was just an instance. Really, aren't there better things to do?

I have received a question why my blog articles have to be so preachy...
...Are they? I dunno. Moral dilemma.  Similar to why a few choice books do not resolve how I want them to resolve. Stay tuned for the next post on that, kiddies!

Much thanks for reading.

Anacostia.



No comments:

Post a Comment